The Pioneer Neon Lofts was one of the first Atlanta Adaptive Reuse projects. Located at 342 Marietta Street NW, this building was constructed as warehouse in 1915 by the Selig Chemical Company. The building is a typical early twentieth century commercial construction, with arched-brick openings on the Marietta Street facade, limestone and concrete ornamentation, diamond-shaped geometric designs, cast-stone window sills and copings, and brick patterning.
In 1991, the developers of the building came to Stowers and Company to broker the deal to purchase the building for a loft development. In 1992, this was not a great part of town and their were not many people doing these conversions. At that time, the security man would shoot off his gun before entering the building. The building was rehabilitated into loft apartments and is now in what is called Castleberry Hills.